I thought I’d drop this in Social Anxiety because there’s a link. Anyways…
Socially Awkward people show signs. Here are 20:
- Your idea of an epic Saturday night is a night inside surfing the internet or reading… stuff…
- You go to great lengths to avoid answering the house phone. This includes bothering someone in the shower.
- When you enter a room full of people you’re not so familiar with, you constantly ask the earth (in your mind, of course) to open up and swallow you
- You tell jokes you think are absolutely hilarious, but no one laughs.
- You quickly change the subject when someone asks you ‘What did you do this weekend?’
- You avoid eye contact.
- You’ve read WataMote and felt like you and Tomoko are twins.
- You get excited/ feel proud of yourself when you have a natural conversation with a stranger.
- Your phone has lost it’s purpose.
- You plan conversations in your head and never say them in real life.
- You believe you emit some kind of pheromone that makes people avoid you.
- You wonder what’s the difference between you and Sheldon Cooper. (We’re both smart and have close to zero social skills yet he has a freaking GIRLFRIEND! What’s so desirable about him???) I’m joking Sheldon. You know I love ya 🙂
- You ask your parents for a new phone and they say, ‘Why? Who’re you going to call?’
- You don’t spend a lot of time on Facebook because you’re worried a doomed message will pop up saying ‘Hi!’
- Someone says hi to you and rather than saying hi back, you let out a nervous squeak and fast walk away.
- You see someone you know on the bus and try and hide around the corner.
- When your friend talks to someone you don’t know, you stand still and don’t utter a word, reassuring yourself that it’ll all be over soon.
- People tell you interesting and crazy stories of their own life, you tell them interesting and crazy stories from a book you read (or in my case, manga)
- You are reading this post. 😉
- You’ve typed in google or whatever something along the lines of: ‘How to be more social’, ‘Am I socially awkward’, ‘Why is it I can’t socialise’, ‘Is it possible that I have social anxiety’, ‘How to stop being shy’ or ‘Avoidant Personality Disorder‘.
Thank you for reading this list. If you think you are socially awkward- welcome to the club- you’re not alone.
Let’s be awkward together, ne? 😉
~EpicCupcake signing out.